We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
You have decided to make a baby and want to know the best time to make this wish to be pregnant? Think about the ovulation test
To have the best chances to conceive a baby, the ideal is to know your date of ovulation. To calculate it, you can use the temperature curve, a fertility calendar or an ovulation test.
How does the ovulation test work?
- A test strip, single-use, digital or electronic, the ovulation test can detect an increase of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the urine, a sign that ovulation will take place.
- The reliability of ovulation tests is 99%, so no hesitation!
- Before using it, it is essential that you know the length of your cycle, that is, the date between the first day of your period and the last day before the next day.
- Start the test on the 12th day of the rules for a 28-day cycle (day 11 for a 27-day cycle, 13th for 29 days, 14th for 30 days, etc.).
- Do it daily until it indicates a positive result.
- Put them in contact with your urine, directly in the toilet or in a cup or using a pipette.
- The result is displayed in minutes.
How much does it cost ?
- The price of ovulation tests varies between 25 and 100 according to the marks and the technique. Beware of tests at very low prices, especially on the Internet. Quality, therefore reliability, may not be at the rendezvous.
4 tips for using the ovulation test
- 1. The test must be done each day at the same time. It's up to you to see which one is right for you.
- 2. You just stopped the pill? Wait two or three cycles before using an ovulation test
- 3. To prevent your urine from being too diluted, be careful not to drink too much before taking the test.
- 4. Also avoid urinating within four hours of the test.
It's positive, and after?
- A positive result is the sign that your ovulation will occur within 24 to 36 hours. You know what you have to do ... good luck!
Salivary test: another technique
Less reliable than urinary tests (about 95%), there are also reusable ovulation tests, which are salivary tests. They detect in saliva the rise in estrogen levels at the time of ovulation.
Special file "I want a baby!"